Thứ Bảy, 11 tháng 4, 2015

IELTS Speaking – IDIOMs in use

Tham khảo các bài liên quan:
Kinh nghiệm luyện thi IELTS
Đề thi IELTS
Tư vấn luyện thi IELTS

Cả nhà cùng học cách sử dụng một số idiom hay thông qua các ví dụ rất mang chất ielts speaking nhé! 

Các ví dụ về idiom Ielts speaking

1. ”to be in seventh heaven” = to be extremely happy, or in a state of bliss.
seventh heaven
Question: Describe a childhood memory.
Answer: Back when I was a child, everytime I got taken to our city’s biggest amusement park I always felt like I was in seventh heaven
because I could enjoy playing a lot of fantastic games there and at the end of the day I could cap off with a tour around the park on monorail.

2. ”(in) the middle of nowhere” = describes a place far away from any towns and cities and where few people live
middle of nowhere


Question: Talk about a house or an apartment you would like to live in.
Answer: I wanna be away from the hustle and bustle of city life but I wouldn’t wish my dream home to be in the middle of nowhere. The thing is…. i dont wanna lose touch with my friends while i still have access to all the services when i need……….so a house in the suburb would be my perfect choice I guess.

3. ”every cloud has a silver lining” = every difficult or sad situation has a comforting or more hopeful aspect even though this may not be immediately apparent

 
every cloud has a silver lining


Question: Describe a sports event you have attended.
Answer: My most recent trip to the local stadium to watch our home team competing for the National Championship was an unexpected one. I was given the ticket in compensation for a cancelled trip, so I guess as the saying goes, every cloud really has a silver lining…

4. ”hustle and bustle” = busy and noisy activities
hustle and bustle

Question: What do you like about where you live?
Answer: I totally enjoy living in the suburbs as I can have a break from the hustle and bustle of the big city but still have access to all the services I need.

5. ”not a cat in hell’s chance” = no chance at all

Question: Describe a memorable event in your life.
Answer: When I was about 10, some types of electrical malfunction set our house on fire. We hadn’t a cat in hell’s chance of rescuing our possessions before they were burned into nothing…

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét