Thứ Bảy, 11 tháng 4, 2015

IELTS Speaking – Useful Phrasal Verbs

Tham khảo các bài liên quan:
Kinh nghiệm luyện thi IELTS
Đề thi IELTS
Tư vấn luyện thi IELTS

Cùng RES bổ sung thêm vào vốn từ của mình một số phrasal verbs hữu dụng cho IELTS Speaking nhé cả nhà! 

1. unwind (v): to relax after a stressful activity

Examiner: What do you think of vacations?
Candidate: I think it’s important to get away at least once a year. Holidays give you a chance to unwind.

2. pass away: die, in a polite way

Eg: Describe your favorite person in the family.
My granddad, who was my biggest influence growing up, passed away peacefully at 83 in his sleep…

3. pick on: choose someone to treat unkindly, blame, punish, bully

Eg: Describe yourself emotionally.
I’m the type of meanie who loves picking on people I adore. It’s a bad trait I guess, but that’s who I am…

4. boil down to: be summarized as

Eg: Describe a sport event that you have watched.
… In the end, it boiled down to the question of who was going to win, not how was that win achieved..

5. get something across/over: make understandable or communicate

Eg: What do you consider the best means of communication?
Well I think it depends on who you ask. Personally, I prefer emails as I can spend as much time as I want to perfect all the words to get my point across in the best possible way.

6. get away: to go on holiday/vacation

Eg: What do you think of vacations?
I think it’s important to get away at least once a year. Holidays give you a chance to unwind.

7. Have a get together: social meeting

Eg: How often do you see your friends?
My friends and I usually have a get together every Sunday. We’ll just meet for some food and have a chat.

8. get back into: become interested in something again

Eg: What kind of music do you like?
I stopped listening to jazz music for many years, but I’ve got back into it again recently.

Tags: luyen thi ieltshoc ieltsde thi ieltsphương pháp học tiếng anh hiệu quả

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét