Thứ Hai, 9 tháng 6, 2014

VOCABULARY FOR IELTS: FILMS AND BOOKS

Trước tiên, chúng ta cùng xem qua các câu hỏi và trả lời IELTS Speaking chủ đề Films and books nhé.
FILMS AND BOOKS
1. Do you like to read books?
- Yes, I love reading. I like nothing more than to be engrossed in a good book. I regularly take out books from the library and usually read them from cover to cover in no time.
2. How often do you go to the cinema?
- Well, I suppose I go to the cinema once a week to catch the lastest movie. I usually avoid seeing the big box-office films which I’m not always keen on seeing. I prefer low-budget films, sci – fi especially.
3. Do you prefer reading books or watching films?
- I’m not really a big reader. I find books quite heavy-going, so I much prefer to see a film. Perhaps it’s the special effects or the soundtrack I don’t know. I just prefer a film.
4. Is reading as pleasurable in digital format?
- Personally I prefer reading a paperback or hardback. Especially if I reading a classic which I don’t think feels right as an e-book. But I can see it can be good for others, my grandmother has an e-reader and she loves the way you can enlarge the text.
5. Do you think bookshops will survive the digital revolution?
- I think so. At least I hope so. I love flicking through books in a bookshop. Online shopping is useful, finding out on Amazon if a book you want has got a good review, maybe getting one that is difficult to find, but I still love the  experience of being in a bookshop.
6. Statistics show that visits to the cinema are up despite the availability of DVDS and online downloads. Why do you think this might be?
- I think it’s the whole experiencethat cinema offers: going out to see a film when it goes on general release and seeing it on the big screen is more exciting than watch the film at home on TV especially if it’s an action movie.

Từ vựng:

1.an action movie: a film with fast moving scenes, often containing violence
2.to be ingrossed in: /ɪnˈgrəʊst/ to be completely focus on one thing
3. to be a big reader: someone who reads a lot
4.heavy-going: difficult to read.
5. to catch the latest movie: to see a film that has just come out
6.a classic: of the highest quality
7.an e-book: a digital book
8.an e-reader: a device for reading books
9. flick through: to look quickly through a book
10. to get a good/bad review: to receive positive or negative feedback
11. to go on general release: when a film can be seen by the general public
12.hardback: a book with a rigid cover
13.a low buget film: a film made with a small amount of money
14. on the big screen: at the cinema
15. paperback: a book with a flexible cover.
16. to read something from cover to cover: to read a book from the first page to the last
17. sci – fi: science fiction
18. soundtrack: the music that accompanies a film
19. special effects: the visuals or sounds that are added to a film which are difficult to produce naturally
20. to take out: to borrow

Tags: luyenthi ielts; hoc ieltsdethi ieltstailieu luyen thi ielts 
 

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét